Noah Woods from Georgia slept soundly at night in the same room with his sister.
He was awakened by a strange smell and saw that a fire was burning in their bedroom.
At the same time, the child acted surprisingly calmly, he immediately ran up to his two-year-old sister and carried her out through the window into the yard.
Noah did not stop there and returned to the house, engulfed in flames, to save the dog. And then rushed to the neighbors for help.
Later, the Georgia Fire Department commented that it was only thanks to Noah’s quick reaction that everything ended well.
In addition to the young hero and his sister, there were six other people in the house. They were all saved.
The head of the Georgia State Fire Department, Dwayne Jamison, commented on Noah’s act:
“This is not the first time a child has reported a fire to an adult. But for a five-year-old child to be so attentive and not panic in such an emergency is very unusual.”
It turned out that the fire was caused by a short circuit in the children’s room.
The entire family suffered only minor burns and mild carbon monoxide poisoning. Everyone is already at home.
The young hero was awarded the title of “Honorary Firefighter”. Now the Woods family has to restore the house, which was quite badly damaged in the fire, so they are collecting money.
The oldest member of the extended family, Noah’s grandfather David Woods, says:
“Thanks to Noah for his vigilance and courage, if not for him, then everything could have ended much sadder.”